I am a bit distressed - I’ve just finished Season One of the Tudor’s - and I can’t get Seasons Two and Three on Netflix yet. After returning from England - I started watching the Showtime series ‘The Tudors’. Of course, I realize that it is very loosely based on history - but the guys in it are HOT! And I was just tickled the other day when the king was sitting on his throne and pointing to the door and he used the two finger Disneyland point! Mmmmm... Hot guy and Disneyland point! In another episode the king is caressing Anne Boleyn’s neck - and he says ‘Your neck - I love your neck’ and all I could think was - yeah - all the better to chop off! Back to being loosely based on history - unfortunately, sometimes it’s so loosely based that it is hard to watch - I was watching an episode recently and thought - but that didn’t happen during Henry the VIII’s time! I guess that’s what makes it good television - embellishment!
They have also used two of my favorite phrases... anyone that has read this blog regularly, knows that this is MY phrase - but I heard this recently on an episode... ‘God Bless Her.’ Another favorite phrase came about when Henry VIII was frustrated with Cardinal Wolsey and said ‘Damn Wolsey - damn him to hell.’
So, again, I know the show is loosely based on history - but the show does have all the main characters - so I keep my History of Britain book close so I can look up who some of the players are from time to time. Well, when I was watching the season finale, I noticed that Henry VIII was calling everyone Thomas - so I looked them up in the book and apparently they were all named Thomas... Cardinal Thomas Wolsey... Thomas Cromwell - the king’s right hand man... Sir Thomas More - made Lord Chancellor on Wolsey’s fall and although I don’t remember seeing him in the show... Thomas Cranmer - Archbishop of Canterbury. Go figure - who knew the name was so popular!
No comments:
Post a Comment