Thursday, June 5, 2008

Stories Of The Cat

A few Sadie stories for you...


Yowler - Once the lights go out - if Sadie isn’t already on the bed she likes to do some yowling.  So the other night she is on the bed while I’m reading - I turn the lights off and figure she will curl up and go to sleep, oh no, she promptly jumps off the bed so she can yowl a bit and then jumps back up and settles down for the night.  Odd!


Lady Licks A Lot - Anyone that knows the cat, knows that she licks - a lot!  She has OCD about licking herself - especially after she is touched!  So the other day she was laying on the couch cleaning herself - it can be fascinating to watch - she usually starts with her back claws and feet and then continues on from there.  So she finishes up and starts to settle down and I just can’t help reaching out and petting her - at which point she has to start all over again.  It was hilarious!  She is crazy!  Just like her mother and her grandmother - actually her grandmother isn’t as much crazy as demented - and for those of you that think I’m being cruel - get over it - only if you have a parent with Alzheimer’s can you judge me - actually - it really isn’t our place to judge anyone - that’s God’s job - but this isn’t an entry about God - it’s about my cat - I digress - it’s been a long week!


One more story about the little one...  So I got home from work last night and sat on the couch until Bible Study and the cat wandered over and laid down next to me.   She is usually a bit more restless - but yesterday she curled up and looked like she was trying to sleep.  Of course, me being the mean and evil one - kept petting her to keep her up - it’s not like she doesn’t sleep all day - and by the looks of her tail and her ears - I started to annoy her.  Well - I went off to Bible Study and to workout and when I got home and was getting ready for bed - she, of course, wanted to play!  Lovely!  God Bless Her.

No comments: