Friday, June 27, 2008

It Was Like Disneyland On The Freeway

So I was right!  My arms are just screaming today – although my abs are doing ok – next week should be fun too – I’m going to get my roller skates out and participate in a friend’s neighborhood  4th of July parade – so next week it will be my legs screaming!

So the other day I was driving to work and along an overpass – there were three kids smiling and just waving to traffic as it went by – I thought it was kinda’ cool – it was like Disneyland on the freeway – I, of course, waved back.  It really just made my day.

And yesterday I wandered up to Big Bear to see my dad.  Went up just for the day – I’ve been missing him.  It was a nice day – left after rush hour and got there just before lunch.  So my dad and I wandered around the Village and then went to lunch.  Then I just hung out at the Gallery the rest of the day – it was nice and relaxing and fun to be up there with him and Sheila – and Kenai, of course.  I also got my single life talk finished for Chrysalis – I have to give the practice talk this Saturday – we’ll see how it goes with the team.

Anyway – back to Big Bear.  So Sheila went up to the house first and then I stayed with my dad and we closed the Gallery and I drove him up to the house.  On our way up to the house – I let him in on my usual journey of driving by the bison at the zoo – I just like to go by and see them – and as we were looking at the bison – there were these two chipmunks just jumping all over each other – all I could think was – can’t you find a bush to do that in?! We also drove by the various houses my dad has owned up there over the years.  My dad BBQ’d chicken and after dinner – I made my way back down the hill.  It was a really good day! 

No comments: