Sunday, June 8, 2008

England Pilgrimage Day One

So here it is...  what you all have been waiting for...  finally some stories and pictures from our England Pilgrimage.  I hope you enjoy the England installments - I’ll take them day by day.  And this picture here is the first one I took on the trip - this was in our hotel room on the bottom of our nightstand - thought that was an odd place to put the tea cups and complimentary cookies.


So Day One - we all gathered at the church for our trip up to LAX - I was so excited about the trip I could barely contain myself.  And Jan, your comment about Cyndy’s luggage was just the best!  The trip over wasn’t bad - I was able to sleep a bit on the plane and we all had our own screen’s to watch movies so that was cool!  We even flew into Heathrow Terminal 5 and our luggage didn’t get lost.


And then we were there - it all seemed so surreal - and truly for the first day or two - was really hard to believe we were really in England.  So we got to the hotel and checked in and practically the entire group decided to join Craig and his family on a river boat trip on the River Thames.  It was neat to be able to see London at a glance.  So most of the pictures you will see in the link come from that cruise.  


One of my favorite things, though, was to ride the Tube - I loved it - how amazing to live in a city with such wonderful public transportation.  I loved looking at the map and trying to figure out what line to get on and where to transfer.  It took me a bit - but it was the best!  Mind the Gap!


That night at dinner it was a bit painful - I think it took a good 2 hours or so from start to finish - and we were all exhausted!  Looking back on it - my marathon prayer of grace before dinner really fit in!  That night we all turned in early.  Unfortunately, Kris and I ran upon a bit of mishap the next morning...  stay tuned more to come!  Check out pictures from Day One Here

No comments: