Wednesday, June 18, 2008

They Can't Play With The Target Carts

So at Bible Study last week we were talking about Mary pouring the expensive oil over Jesus’ head - you know the story - Martha is in the other room banging the pots and pans around - upset that she is doing all the work. Anyway - Craig was talking about the expensive perfumed oil - called Nard. He talked about how during the time of Jesus - people would only bath once or twice a month and used this perfumed oil so they wouldn’t smell - and all I could think of was when we were in the Tower of London and got stuck in a group of Italian tourists (Jan, you remember the group?) - they could have used some Nard!

This weekend I was in Borders (Kris and Lynne - I have the newest Kingsbury Baxter Family book - Someday - I’ll pass it on when I’m done) and there was this cute little girl that was telling her dad about the peacock on this book that she found. I was walking out of the store behind the family and another little girl was holding the door open - so the peacock girl after she walked out kept saying ‘Goodbye, girl’ to the one that was holding the door! She wouldn’t stop saying goodbye until the other girl finally acknowledged her.

The other evening I had to go to Target and Stater Bros - good thing they are both in the same parking lot! When I have to visit both - I usually park closer to Stater Bros since it is impossible to park near Target. Well, I had to use a Target cart for the visit since I was getting kitty litter (I know, TMI!) - and when I got to my car after the visit - I went over and put the cart in the cart collection area. As I was walking up to it - there was a Stater Bros kid collecting carts and he had this odd look on his face when I put the Target cart there - apparently the collection area was only for Stater Bros carts and they can’t play with the Target carts - because the kid took the Target cart out of the area and moved it to the side! And here I thought I was doing a good thing by not leaving the cart in the middle of the parking lot!  I'll know better next time.  No fraternizing between the carts!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Our friends at the Tower were in need of some nard STAT!